Thursday 27 March 2008

Illustration ideas

So, apart from looking over my old work for inspiration for some t-shirt or illustration ideas, I'm looking at what other people have done.
In particular I'm looking at these video game influenced t-shirts from nerdyshirts.com because I'm into that kind of imagery. Here are a couple of examples:





So there is an old school theme going on here with lots of 8-bit pixel shapes or adaptations on those shapes, gathering appeal from reminiscence of the games and a growing up around the imagery.
However much I really like these shirts, I think unless I can add something new to the theme, I'd best stay away from it to avoid blending into the many many others out there.

Tell you what, tomorrow morning I'll hammer out a good few t-shirt designs and see if anything comes out of it. I've got a feeling that this kind of brief is best answered just off the top of your head really, so I'll have the results of that for you tomorrow!

No comments: