Thursday 27 March 2008

Visual Research for game

Here are a couple of other examples I found for some stylistic inspiration for the game.

RayRay Parade


So simple but instantly recognizable as a person!



Same sort of thing here too in 'NinjaTown' from Shawnimals.
These are both examples of mega simplification of the human form and they're kinda the direction I'm thinking for the human and zombie characters in the game. But.. it is possible that Owen was thinking of an even more abstracted look for the characters so I need to take that into account. I'm thinking this because that would correlate with the style of Loco Roco and Patapon that he talked about.

To be honest, I'm pretty sure that if I made it look good enough, I'm pretty sure I could have almost complete free reign over what I made the style of the game to be as Owen has told me a few times more or less that he just wants something that works really. Need to stop limiting myself from the off set :P.

Anyway, I should take a look at hyper-simplified human form in image culture if I want anymore stylistic research I think at the moment, but it's time for some drawings I think.

No comments: