Tuesday 25 March 2008

The random character

So this is the first post for the character development brief that I'm in the process of for the animator Tony Garth who has worked on many many projects such as Dangermouse, Henry's Cat and the Discworld video games. He's a very friendly chap and was more than happy enough to let me try this bit of work out for him so I owe him some real focus.

Here is the brief, taken from an e-mail from Tony to myself:

Dear Will, As I explained, ‘Random Roger’ (working title) is an idea that I am working on with Vince James of Fat City Films in Manchester. Based on the material that I have shown you I would really appreciate your ‘take’ on the idea and design of the project. The idea is aimed mainly at a teen audience and as Vince and I are old gits it would help to get your perspective. I know there isn’t much to work with as we are still at an early stage but I will let you have copies of everything we have to date. Thanks again for your help. Tony Garth




And here are the two sheets he included in the e-mail. These colours are incorrect and have inverted for some reason during uploading but because it took so long to even get these up on here with my connection, they're going to stay like that until I get more reliable internet access.

No comments: